Unity3d Developer/Project Manager for VR - Contract

Part Time Evil is looking for an enthusiastic Unity developer and project manager. This is a hybrid role, perfect for a a generalist developer or someone with indie or startup experience (filling multiple roles). The candidate will spend about 75% of their time in programming and the other 25% managing a small team.

Part Time Evil, LLC:

Part Time Evil, LLC (www.PartTimeEvil.com) is an innovation agency based in Austin, Texas, offering a range of diverse services. Our expertise includes full design and development of apps and video games, as well as software tools, educational software/games, and apps for devices. 

You

You are a Unity Developer or technical project manager with of mid to senior-level experience. You are well-rounded, and may even have an indie title on your resume in which you managed the whole process.

Location

Though we prefer the candidate be in the Austin, TX area, remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following

  • Collaborate and work efficiently and professionally in a team setting. 
  • Collaborate with several teams and clients
  • Unity3d development in C# on a small team for a VR project.
  • Conduct the day-to-day process management activities for our teams.
  • Create and manage project schedules.
  • Communicate with clients and team leads to keep everyone up to date.

Recommended Skills:

  • Experience in implementing and running Agile teams.
  • Understanding of Unity3d development.
  • Experience with common issue tracking software, like Github and JIRA.
  • Fluency with communication software like Slack and Hipchat.

Optional but Encouraged:

  • Game design background or interest..
  • Mobile game and app experience.
  • VR experience.
  • Experience managing build distribution, via Hockey and Testflight.

Education and/or Experience:

  • Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required).

Benefits:

  • Competitive pay.
  • People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration.
  • Experience in a growing studio. We work hard, but like most small/mid-sized studios, we have an incredible amount of fun at our jobs.

Apply Here