Concept Artist- Contract
Part Time Evil is looking for a well-rounded Concept Artist to join our team to create the future of VR/AR.
Part Time Evil, LLC:
Part Time Evil, LLC (www.PartTimeEvil.com) is an innovation studio based in Austin, Texas. We are creators of AR and VR products with a story-first approach.
You are a concept artist with skills ranging from rough "proof of concept" illustrations, to paint-overs of 3d art, to full concept paintings. We are a startup studio, so only fun, determined, and professional collaborators who enjoy working with others will fit the team. You are interested in new technologies, including AR and VR.
Though we prefer the candidate be in the Austin, TX area, remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Draw rough storyboards for early designs.
- Create example screenshots of VR experiences before they are built.
- Paint beautiful concept art to show to customers.
- 3+ years experience in professional game or film concept art.
- Ability to communicate with designers and visualize an idea from rough sketches/storyboards through the process of finished concept art.
- Expert-level 2d rendering experience. Mastery of light, composition.
- Must present portfolio of work on applying.
Optional but Encouraged:
- 3d modeling ability.
- Unity3d Experience.
- UI Design skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required).
- Competitive pay.
- People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration.
- Experience in a growing studio. We work hard, but like most small/mid-sized studios, we have an incredible amount of fun at our jobs.