3d ANIMATOR- Contract
Part Time Evil is looking for a well-rounded 3d Animator to join our team for work on VR Films.
Part Time Evil, LLC:
Part Time Evil, LLC (www.PartTimeEvil.com) is an innovation studio based in Austin, Texas. We are creators of AR and VR products with a story-first approach.
You are a well-rounded 3d Animator, experienced with characters. We are a startup studio, so only fun, determined, and professional collaborators who enjoy working with others will fit the team. You are interested in new technologies, including AR and VR.
Though we prefer the candidate be in the Austin, TX area, remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Create character animations for a virtual reality film in the Unity engine, and for a theatre show in Unreal.
- Retarget human motion capture animations to non-realistic characters.
- Animate character faces to portray specific emotions.
- Process and blend motion captured animations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3+ years experience in professional development.
- Advanced Maya or 3ds Max experience.
- Unity3d engine experience.
- Experience shipping at least one VR or video game experience with a major publisher.
- Must present portfolio of work on applying.
Optional but Encouraged:
- Unity Timeline experience.
- 3d modeling skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required).
- Competitive pay.
- People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration.
- Experience in a growing studio. We work hard, but like most small/mid-sized studios, we have an incredible amount of fun at our jobs.