3d Artist- Contract
Part Time Evil is looking for a well-rounded 3d Artist to join our team for work on several VR/AR projects. This is the right position for an artist who like to be involved in all aspects of 3d Art for Unity.
Part Time Evil, LLC:
Part Time Evil, LLC (www.PartTimeEvil.com) is an innovation studio based in Austin, Texas. We are creators of AR and VR products with a story-first approach.
You are a well-rounded 3d Artist with experience in creating environments and non-realistic characters for Unity3d. We are a startup studio, so only fun, determined, and professional collaborators who enjoy working with others will fit the team. You are interested in new technologies, including AR and VR.
Though we prefer the candidate be in the Austin, TX area, remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Design and model 3d environments for VR projects.
- Create stylized 3d props and characters for AR games. Create animations and tweak motion capture animations.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to refine and change art in an agile process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3+ years experience in professional development.
- Advanced Maya or 3ds Max experience.
- Unity3d engine experience.
- Experience shipping at least one VR or video game experience with a major publisher.
- Must present portfolio of work on applying.
Optional but Encouraged:
- Game design background.
- Concept art ability.
- Experience with mocap pipelines.
- UI Design skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required).
- Competitive pay.
- People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration.
- Experience in a growing studio. We work hard, but like most small/mid-sized studios, we have an incredible amount of fun at our jobs.