QA Analyst - Contract
Part Time Evil is looking for a well-rounded, talented QA Analyst to join our team for a contract engagement.
Part Time Evil, LLC:
Part Time Evil, LLC (www.PartTimeEvil.com) is an innovation studio based in Austin, Texas. We are inventors of VR and AR creative products.
You are interested in VR/AR/MR products and in the creation of innovative products in general. We are a startup-sized studio, so only fun, determined, and professional collaborators who enjoy working with others will fit the team. You are interested in new technologies, including AR and VR.
Local to Austin, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Collaborate and work efficiently and professionally in a team setting.
- Partners with internal teams in development of features. Identify defects and verify fixes.
- Use your eye for user-centered design to identify hard-to-use or frustrating elements of the products, and provide suggestions.
- Work with Project Managers to deliver high quality, on-time releases of software.
Recommended Skills and Education:
- Previous experience as a QA tester or analyst on VR and AR products.
- Experience in testing mobile and PC apps.
- Deep skillset in using bug databases like JIRA, github issues.
- Experience in using Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience with distribution products like Testflight and Hockey.
- Self-organized and results-focused work ethic.
Optional but Encouraged:
- Game design background/interest.
- Experience in making products with Unity3d.
Education and/or Experience:
- Course work in game design, project management, or VR development.
- Relevant Major in Computer Science, Digital Media, or Creative Arts.
- Competitive compensation.
- People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration.
- Experience in a growing studio. We work hard, but like most small/mid-sized studios, we have an incredible amount of fun at our jobs.